Pre-Voyage Package

Three weeks prior to my departure for the "end of the earth", I received a pre-voyage package from Lindblad Expeditions. I was overjoyed when I first saw the Lindblad/National Geographic logo above the sender’s return address. I immediately opened the package and found a baseball cap, luggage tags, and a name badge.
The following documents were also included:
Cruise Ticket
Itinerary/Contact Information
Staff Biographies
Cabin Tags
Airline Ticket
Buenos Aires Taxi Guidelines
Antarctica Primer
Don’t Pack a Pest Leaflet

Admittedly, the package’s contents were overwhelming at first. However, I found the information to be very helpful. The documents eased my mind as I prepared for the journey. I learned that the ship offers internet access by purchasing a pre-paid debit access card on-board. I discovered many tidbits like making a photocopy of my airline tickets and the main page of my passport in case of an emergency. The best part was undoubtedly the “Final Itinerary”. My imagination ran wild with the sights, sounds, and tastes I would soon experience on my way to the bottom of the earth and back. CLICK HERE to check out the day-by-day itinerary for Journey to Antarctica: The White Continent.